According to Ayurveda it is important to have a morning schedule. This will bring balance in your mind and body throughout the day.
- WAKEUP BEFORE SUNRISE or 5:45-6:00 AM:
- Waking up with the natural rhythm of your body and being in tune with the elements of nature, is extremely healthy and will give you the energy throughout the day.
- DRINK A CUP OF WARM WATER TO HELP WITH BOWEL MOVEMENTS
- This helps to get the digestive system moving so elimination can happen smoothly.
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND SCRAPE YOUR TONGUE TO GET RID OF TOXINS
- By scraping your tongue you are getting rid of AMA or toxins from your body that would have accumulated throughout the night. It is the body’s nature way of detoxifying.
- DRY BRUSH YOUR BODY
- By dry brushing you are allowing the lymphatic system to start moving and assisting with the drainage of toxins. Move in circular motion on the joints and dry brush in an upward motion always towards your heart.
- MASSAGE YOUR BODY (ABHAYANGA)
- Using the right choice of oils as per your Dosha type and massaging it deeply into your skin and organs. Use coconut oil for Pitta type, Sesame oil for Vata type and Olive oil for Kapha type.
- YOUR MEDITATION AND YOGA PRACTICE
- This is your time when you can do your meditation for 10 min and your yoga practice or workout.
Remember this is your time for self-care, personal development and filling your cup before you begin your day. It might seem a lot of things to do in the early morning hours, but developing a morning ritual can be extremely nurturing and healing on many levels.